When an attempt is made to collect workstation client DRC logs for troubleshooting DRC, i-Queue or Managed Queue from Equitrac System Manager, the device shows as Failed Connection.
If the Equitrac System Manager cannot access the workstation, the file can be placed manually to turn on logging.
Download the default.xml file to the following directory on the Workstation Client to enable this change. On the Workstation client, there is an application called EQlientTracing.exe, this is used to collect the standard (Non DRC) logs. This should be used as part of the diagnostic process in addition and can be used to turn on the DRC logs.
- Copy the Default.xml file to
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\Settings
- Open the folder C:\Program Files\Equitrac\Office(Express)\Client
- Run EQClientTracing.Exe
- Turn on all tracing (This will restart the EQsharedEngine and start the DRC debug logs)
- Reproduce your issue
- Zip up the EQClientTracing logs from the EQclientTracing application
- Zip up all EQ log files from C:\Windows\Temp
- Attach the files to the case with all relevant information (Time of Print Job, User, Workstation etc)
Once completed, turn off client logs by:
- Remove the Default.xml file from the directory
- Run EQclientTracing.exe and Turn off all logs