Failed to save physical device message appears when attempting to save configuration changes
Article # 3035284 - Page views: 57
When attempting to make configuration changes to a device in Equitrac Web System Manager, the message "Failed to save physical device" appears in the top right corner, and the configuration changes are not saved.
This can be caused if the WebDAV role has been added to IIS. This role is not compatible with Equitrac Web System Manager and needs to be removed.
To remove the IIS WebDAV Role
- Launch the Windows Server Manager.
- Select Manage from the top ribbon and select Remove Roles and Features.
- Select Next on the "Before You Begin" page if it is displayed.
- Select the Server hosting the Equitrac Web Client and select Next.
- Under Server Roles, expand out Web Server (IIS), Web Server, Common HTTP Features, unselect WebDAV Publishing, and select Next.
- Under Features, select Next.
- On the Confirmation screen, select Remove.
- Once the wizard completes, perform a restart of the server.