With EE/EO the first released print job is being tracked but not printed out when Riverbed Network Optimization is installed; subsequent print jobs are tracked and printed out. This behavior can occurred more than once during the day.
Riverbed Network Optimization is monitoring data streams over the network (including TCP 9100 used for printing services), when optimized traffic is enabled on the Equitrac server the first released print job get lost between the Print server and the printer while Riverbed updates its cache, once its cache is updated subsequent print jobs are printed out.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Riverbed reconfigured to optimize traffic of Equitrac server(s)
- First job released is tracked but not printed out (*)
- Riverbed was re-configured to exclude optimization of Equitrac server(s)
- First Job released at different device after reconfiguration is tracked and successfully printed out (*)
- Riverbed re-configured to previous settings (to optimize traffic)
- First job released at a different device is tracked but not printed out (*)
(*) A different device has to be used at each test because after the first job is submitted the device is added into Riverbed cache and subsequent print jobs will be printed out.
Contact Riverbed for technical assistance on have the application re-configured.