When opening the Webclient you receive the following error - HTTP Error 500.21- Internal Server Error Handler "ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list.
Note:: This behavior was seen on the IIS 7.5 Windows 2012 Server but it could possibly be seen on other Windows OS versions.
In Order to resolve this isssue you need to do a repair on the Microsoft .Net Framework you need to do the following;
- Go to your Windows Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended and double click on it.
- Click the Repair .Net Framework.
- Click Finish
- You will be pompted to restart.
Note: Before doing this procedure make sure you plan for a restart of the IIS Server as it will prompt you to do a restart.