With Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express, Device Control Engine (DCE) keeps a cache.
There may be cases where the DCE cache must be cleared. Some cases include if the database is corrupted, if the embedded devices do not appear in the Devices list in System Manager, or some unexplained issues are being encountered with embedded devices.
To resolve, clear the DCE cache files as follows:
NOTE: Clearing or removing the cache files may result in the loss of offline transaction information or cached authentication information.
To preserve these, keep Transaction.bin and ValidationCache.db3 (EO/EE 4.x to 5.6)
- Close System Manager
- Stop DCE Service
- Navigate to
\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDCESrv\Cache
- C:\Documents and Settings\
\Local Settings\Application Data\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\4\EQDCESrv\Cache (EO/EE 4 on Legacy OS)
- Archive (Copy) all files to a backup location
- To keep cached authentication information, keep ValidationCache.db3
- To keep transaction information not yet posted, keep Transaction.bin
- Delete the rest of the files
- Restart DCE service, and confirm that the rest of the files are recreated.
- Open System Manager and confirm that the devices are visible. Devices (MFPs or Terminals) may need to be restarted to recreate the devices.