How to Clear the Document Routing Engine (DRE) Cache
In Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express, how do you clear the DRE cache files? The DRE cache holds printer information and print transaction information. The cache files are stored in the EQSpool directory.
It may be necessary to clear the cache for the following reasons:
1. There might be "stuck" transactions in the EQSpool Cache directory. Transactions which are unreadable by SQL cannot be uploaded to the SQL database. These transactions might block subsequent transactions in the DRE Cache from being processed. Clearing the cache allows DRE transactions to resume uploading transactions to the SQL database.
2. An "Unable to register printer, invalid parent device" error message appears when adding a printer.
3. When working with an Equitrac Technician to resolve an issue, they may request that the DRE cache be cleared on all or individual print servers.
To clear the DRE cache, perform the following:
NOTE: Removing all the DRE cache files will also remove any queued secure print jobs. Pending jobs will be lost during this process and cannot be recovered. Ensure that there are no pending print jobs in the Secure Print Queue before proceeding.
1. Stop the EQ DRE service.
2. Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the following (default) location:
C:\Users\[User ID under which the Equitrac Services run]\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\EQSpool
(on Legacy OS)
C:\Documents and Settings\[User ID under which the Equitrac Services run]\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\EQSpool
3. Archive (copy/move) all the files and folders in the EQSpool directory to new location or zip file. The EQSpool folder should now be empty.
4. Start the EQ DRE service. The default EQSpool files and folders are automatically recreated.
All previously queued jobs should now be removed, and the system should be able to receive new print jobs.