This problem can occurs when the Equitrac Embedded for HP LaserJet is installed and the setting Hold off print jobs is set to "on". This setting is an HP setting and the purpose of the setting is to wait for the device to be idle for the specified among of time before the device will start to print, but this setting should be turned off when using the Equitrac embedded.
To Ensure the queued jobs are printed immediately upon release, you must turn the Holf off print jobs setting to "off" by following the instructions below:
- Open a web browser and enter http://
in the address field.
- Click Log In and enter your administrator User Name and Password.
- Click the settings tab, then click Configure Device in the left navigation menu.
- Click the Device Behavior menu, and then click General Copy Behavior.
- At the Hold Off Print Job setting, select Off from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply to save the setting.
If the setting is set to On, the released print jobs will not be printed until the MFP has been idle for the lenght of specified in the Hold Off Time field.
Note: On some HP models you must navigate to the Settings tab>Configure Device>System Setup>Job Held: Timeout in order to change the setting to Off.