EP5 User unable to login to Web Client
Unable to login to EP5 Web Client with Windows logins
Depending on how the EP5 System is configured will determine what you use to log into the Web Client (Exception Editor or Report Generator)
To see how your system is configured: (You will need to be an Equitrac Admin to view this setup)
- On Equitrac EP5 Server > Start > Programs > Equitrac Professional > System Manager and connect to the local server.
- In the left pane, click on the System > Configuration link.
- In the right pane, under Access, click on the User authentication link. The Authentication methods dialog box opens.
- In the Authentication mechanisms group, select the methods by which users will login to Equitrac Professional interfaces.
- If By UserCode is checked, this will allow users to login only with their unique identification codes. This will be the Equitrac User ID number, typically the same number you use at the Equitrac terminals.
- To login, enter your Equitrac UserID in the User Name field of the Web Client screen, no password is required.
- If External User ID and Password is checked, this will allow users to login with network credentials according to the external authority information settings you configure in step 8
- If By UserCode with external password is checked, this allow users to login by entering their UserCodes in the User ID field and their network password in the Password field
- Under External authorities, this shows which network authentication method is in use at your site.
- If the Windows authentication option is selected, Equitrac Professional is configured to validate logins against Windows. By default, user credentials will be checked against the domain to which the CAS belongs.
- If the LDAP authentication option is selected, Equitrac Professional is configured to validate accounts against a default LDAP server name and type.
See attached for screen shot of the Authentication Methods screen.
Authentication Methods.docx (31 KB)