Unable to login to EP5 Web Client with Windows login credentials.
EP5 may be configured to allow / restrict user authentication methods when logging into the Web Client (Exception Editor or Report Generator)
To see how your system is configured: (You will need to be an Equitrac Admin to view these settings)
- On Equitrac EP5 Server > Start > Programs > Equitrac Professional > System Manager and connect to the local server.
- In the left pane, click on the System > Configuration link.
- In the right pane, under Access, click on the User Authentication link. The Authentication methods dialog box opens.
- In the Authentication mechanisms group, select the methods by which users will login to Equitrac Professional interfaces.
- If By UserCode is checked, this will allow users to login only with their unique identification codes. This will be the Equitrac UserCode / Primary Pin number, typically the same number you use at the Equitrac terminals.
- To login, enter your Equitrac UserCode in the User Name field of the Web Client screen, no password is required.
- If External User ID and Password is checked, this will allow users to login with network credentials according to the external authority information settings you configure in step 8
- If By UserCode with external password is checked, this allow users to login by entering their UserCodes in the User ID field and their network password in the Password field
- Under External authorities, this shows which network authentication method is in use at your site.
- If the Windows authentication option is selected, Equitrac Professional is configured to validate logins against Windows. By default, user credentials will be checked against the domain to which the CAS belongs.
- If the LDAP authentication option is selected, Equitrac Professional is configured to validate accounts against a default LDAP server name and type.
See attached for screen shot of the Authentication Methods screen.
Authentication Methods.docx (31 KB)