When installing the Equitrac Professional Print Client onto a Windows-based PC, the following error message is returned:
Error 1920. Service EQ Shared Engine
(EQSharedEngine) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
The installer is failing to complete because it was not run with sufficient Windows privileges. The installer needs to be run with administrator rights.
Option 1 - Install from a Command Prompt:
1. Go to Start > All programs > Accessories
2. Right-click on Command Prompt > Run as administrator
3. Enter the path and file name of the installer package
For example: "C:\
4. Press Enter
Option 2 - Run the installer package as Administrator:
1. Start Windows Explorer
2. Navigate to the installer package
3. Right-click on the installer package > Run as administrator