After updating the printer driver for a printer on a print server, print jobs are sent to the print queue. When the job reaches the print queue, the job is enters a Paused state and must be manually Resumed.
After updating the printer driver, one or more of the following is not configured:
- The Equitrac Professional service account is not added to the printer's Security.
- The printer is configured to use a Standard IP port
- The printer installed on the PC is not using the updated driver
- Log onto the print server
- Right-click on the printer > Printer Properties > Security
- Confirm the service account, and Administrators are listed and have all permissions
- Update the permissions, if necessary
- Right-click on the printer > Printer Properties > Ports
- Ensure that the printer is using an EQ port that contains the same IP address as the printer
- Log onto the affected PC
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers
- Remove the existing printer
- Install the printer with the updated driver