DISCLAIMER: Equitrac recommends backing up your registry files before making any changes. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall Windows. The movement of the EQSpool folder can have potential serious security issues if not performed properly. Equitrac will not be responsible for improper modification of the System registry or for any consequences which might result from modifying the default location of the EQSpool folder.
Before proceeding, it is recommended that all pending transactions be completed before proceeding. Use the Print Queue Viewer to verify that the Secure Print Queue is empty. However, if you are unable to process pending transactions due to a full hard drive, complete steps 1 through 12 below, and then complete step 13.
1. On the printer server, make a backup of the registry before proceeding.
2. Stop the EQ DRE Service.
3. Navigate to the following registry subkey:
4. In the left pane, right-click DRE, and select New>String Value.
5. Type the name SpoolDir and press the Enter key.
6. In the right pane, double-click the new entry and enter the path to the new EQSpool folder (for example, D:\TEMP\EQSpool).
7. Exit the registry.
8. Open the Services dialog box and restart the EQ DRE Service; this forces the creation of the new EQSpool folder defined above.
9. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the new EQSpool folder, right-click the folder, and select Properties.
10. Click the Security tab.
11. Verify that the "Print Operators" and the local "System" account groups are listed with modify rights to the new folder. Add the groups if they are missing.
12. Verify that you can successfully print and track using the new EQSpool folder.
NOTE: The following step should only be completed if you had pending secure transactions that you were unable to process before creating the new spool folder.
13. Copy all .BIN and .TMP files in the old EQSpool folder to the new spool folder. By default the location is C:\Users\[User Account running the EQ DRE Service]\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\. On legacy OS, the location of the original EQSpool folder is C:\Documents and Settings\[User Account running the EQ DRE Service]\Local Settings\Application Data\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\4\EQDRESrv.
NOTE: The EQSpool folder should be on the same drive as the Windows Spool folder. You can check the location of the windows spool folder in the registry on the server
System Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers]
Value Name: DefaultSpoolDirectory