Basic Troubleshooting for Equitrac Card Readers
Some suggested troubleshooting steps:
- Power off TPC or MFP that the Reader is connected to. > Reseat Card Reader cable that is connected to TPC or MFP > Power back on TPC or MFP and Test
- When testing, touch the card to the reader and leave it stationary for about 3 seconds. Waving the card may actually result in a slower read.
- If you have a second unit that works on a different TPC or MFP, exchange the reader with the unit under test. If it works, then the Original Reader is likely bad (order replacement); if it doesn't then there is an issue with the TPC or MFP (troubleshoot TPC or MFP).
- If you have a spare reader that works, it can be used instead.
- You can try a more detailed troubleshooting tool, RMT. See details in Nuance ID card readers - configuration tool