Although the root cause of why the ValidationCache.db3 file is not being updated is unknown, the following steps can resolve the issue:
1. On the workstation on which the Device Control Engine (DCE) service is running, stop the DCE server.
2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user Account running Equitrac service\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\5\EQDCESrv\Cache
3. Rename the ValidationCache.db3 file to ValidationCache.old
4. Restart the DCE service.
5. Verify that the ValidationCache.db3 has been recreated and has a current date.
6. Verify that the validation is available at the terminal.