Although the root cause for why the ValidationCache.db3 file is not being updated remains undetermined, the following steps do resolve the issue:
1. On the machine running the DCE service, stop the EQ DCE Service.
2. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user account running EQ services]\local settings\application data\equitrac\equitrac platform component\5\eqdcesrv\cache
3. Rename ValidationCache.db3 to ValidationCache.old.
4. Restart the EQ DCE Service.
5. Verify that the ValidationCache.db3 file has been recreated and has a current date.