How to configure Equitrac Professional to accept an HID card to unlock a TouchPoint Console
Equitrac Professional does allow users to unlock Equitrac TouchPoint Consoles with an HID card using a promixity card reader.
To configure Equitrac Professional to accept an HID card to unlock a TouchPoint Console, perform the following:
- Turn off the TouchPoint Console
- Connect the promixity card reader to the TouchPoint Console
- Turn the TouchPoint Console on
- On the Equitrac Professional server, start System Manager
- Go to Configuration > Access > User authentication
- Under Card setup, change the to field to the match the length of the HID card's value > click OK
- Swipe the HID card against the proximity card reader connected to the TouchPoint Console
- Enter the user's UserCode to assign the HID card to that user
- Logout of the TouchPoint Console
HID cards can have a lengthy code assigned to it. Obtain this code length before assigning an HID card to any user.
The HID card's code will be recorded in the Alt. User Code field for the assigned user.