Print Jobs are pausing and not printing since replacing Print Server
2003 Print Server was replaced with a 2008 Print Server; client installed the DRE software on new Server but did not delete old DRE license in EP5 System Manager.
DRE Licenses were exceeded preventing printing
Old DRE license must be deleted and then the new DRE will pull a valid license.
Steps to delete old DRE license: You should be an Equitrac Adminsitrator when preforming this action
- On EP5 Server > Open System Manager
- In left-hand pane under System > Click on Licensing
- Top of right-hand pane > click on Assignment View
- In the right-hand pane find "Print Server Document Routing Engine" and expand
- Find old print server name and right click, then remove assignment
- Click Refresh in upper left-hand corner of System Manager
- Review the DRE Licenses and you should see the new Print Server with a valid license. If not, you may have to preform a print to a printer on the new print server for it to register in System Manager. Do a Refresh again after the print to verify the DRE license was pulled correctly