How to activate a product without an Internet connection
Article # 3016647 - Page views: 2117
An Internet connection is a requirement to install Nuance or ScanSoft products in order to activate. If an internet connection is not available on the machine with the software, please do the following:
Note: An Internet connection is still needed to activate, however, it does not have to be the machine that is activating the software.
- Launch the application to activate.
- Click "Activate Now > Activate Manually".
- Verify that the Serial Number was entered correctly including entering 0's (zeros) not O's.
- Go to the following address: http://activation.scansoft.com/us
- Enter in the two pieces of information:
- Serial Number
- Machine Fingerprint
- Verify that the information is entered correctly.
- Click the "Generate Activation Key" button.
- Copy and paste the produced activation key into the first cell on the Activation dialog. If the number is entered in manually, verify the number in its entirety.
- Click "OK" to activate the product.