Unable to launch a Omnipage 19 Desktop application
When attempting to launch Omnipage 19 Desktop application on modern operating systems such as Windows 10,
one of the following scenarios may occur:
- A "Server Busy" error message appears and the application does not launch
- The application starts to launch and may display the splash screen or program interface, but then the application fails to load successfully or stops responding
- The application does not launch and nothing is displayed on the screen
- The Nuance Desktop application takes an unusually long time to launch
These situations may occur because of conflicts from Carbon Black antivirus (cbdefense), or other vendors such as Webroot and Bitdefender which are now known issues
Software would not launch until exclusions were added to CBdefense (also known as Carbon black),
and attempting to reinstall the software in addition locked the files we need to bring up the install wizard
however throughout this scenerio, nothing was indicating this was happening to the end users PC thinking this was an software issue instead of a conflict with Anti virus;
Have IT add in folder or specific files to be excluded to allow for installation and use of the product:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\OmniPage19\omnipage.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\OmniPage19\OpAgent.exe
- (downloads location)Omnipage Ultimate.exe self extracting Installer
If the issue continues:
Deactivate communication to the Nuance Update Service by disabling the "Check for Updates" option from within the Nuance Desktop application.
In order to successfully launch the application, it may first be necessary to stop the Update Service Agent manually through the Windows Task Manager, which will then allow the application to open.
Disable Check for Updates in OmniPage:
- Click "Tools > Options".
- Navigate to the "General" tab.
- Uncheck the "Enable update detection" option.
- Click "OK" to apply the changes.
Note: Updates can still be manually retrieved from the application's Help menu.
Please reboot PC after the Antivirus changes have been set as case files are still held and locked before attempting to relaunch/reinstall Omnipage Ultimate 19