Output Manager 4.0 SP2 installed on a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with the Output Manager services using the local system account Output Manager will have issues with document analysis, document modifications, data extraction from documents, and document transforms.
Resolution: Configure each of the Output Manager services to use a domain service account.
Output Manager 4.0 SP2 is supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 when Output Manager has the Output Manager 4.0 SP2 Hot Fix Roll Up 188.8.131.5230.12 or later installed. Also, Microsoft SQL Server 2019 hosting an Output Manager 4.0 SP2 database is supported.
Create a Kofax Output Manager Technical Support case to request the latest hot fix roll up. Follow the instructions at the following link: https://knowledge.kofax.com/MFD_Prod..._Copitrak_SDKs
How to change Output Manager services to use a domain service account:
- Choose a domain service account that will have the db_owner permission on the OM database.
- On the Output Manager server add this domain service account to the local Administrators user group
- If the Windows server name is changing, make sure the Output Manager database has its Server table updated with the new server name replacing the old server name. Contact Support or Professional Services for this adjustment. Note: This must be done before the OM DBM service is started on the new server.
- Open the Output Manager Server Configuration Utility
- Click the Select all services button
- On the top row click on the right end of the Service Logon Credentials field.
- Click the elipse [...]
- In the Select User pop up window, select This Account:
- Click the elipse [...]
- The Users and Groups pop up window appears
- Select the correct Domain
- Enter all or part of the Windows service account that will be assigned to the Output Manager services
- Click the Find All button
- Click the correct user name in the Selection list (top grid)
- Click the OK button, this will close the Users and Groups pop up window
- In the Select User window, enter the service account password in both password fields.
- Click the OK button when the two passwords match.
- At the Output Manager Server Configuration Utility, Click the Apply button.
- Start the Output Manager services.
- Watch the OM DBM Configuration > Status:
- Running-Checking SQL: Running is the state of the Windows service and Checking SQL indicates the OM DBM service is attempting to connect to the OM database.
- Running-SQL connected means the OM DBM service has connected and communicating with its configured OM database.
- Running—SQL failure : Check SQL status means the Windows service is running but not able to connect to the OM database. Check the status of the Microsoft SQL service.
- When the OM DBM service shows it is connected to the OM database click OK.
- Test areas that are using the Analyze documents on sources, document modifications, and document transforms. Just the areas already in use by the system. No need to configure any new workflows simply to test.
|Output Manager||4.0 SP2 (184.108.40.206) with Hot Fix Roll Up 220.127.116.1130.12 or later installed.|