System requirements for PaperPort 14
This article contains guidance and environmental requirements for installing PaperPort 14.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel Pentium compatible, or higher processor.
- 1 GB of memory (RAM).
- 700 MB free hard disk space.
- 1024 x 768 resolution display with 16-bit (High Color) or higher.
- A DVD drive or web access is needed for installation.
- An Internet connection is required for online activation, product registration and live updates.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if the computer's processor, memory and disk space exceeds the minimum requirements listed above. This is especially true when handling very large color image and PDF files.
PaperPort 14 supports the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit Editions) with SP2 or above
- Windows XP (32-bit Edition) with SP3 or above
- Note: Windows XP (64-bit Edition) is NOT supported.
- Note: PaperPort is not supported on a Server Operating System, nor is it designed to run in a Citrix or WTS environment.
PaperPort 14 supports the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Mozilla FireFox 3 or 4
- Chrome 4 through Chrome 12.
PaperPort 14 supports the following versions of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office XP.
- Microsoft Office 2003.
- Microsoft Office 2007.
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit versions).
- Microsoft Office 2010 (64-bit versions) with partial compatibility.
PaperPort 14 supports the following versions of SharePoint:
- SharePoint Server 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- SharePoint Services v3.
PaperPort supports the following scanners and cameras:
- Scanners that communicate via TWAIN or WIA driver (32-bit compatible or higher devices).
- Scanners that communicate via ISIS drivers.
- Scanners that contain a card reader/usb memory.
- The installation of PaperPort does not install any scanner drivers. In some cases, when PaperPort is supplied by a Kofax Partner, the CD/DVD may include a separate installer for the drivers.
- The PaperPort Scan Manager includes the option to operate the scanner with using the scanner's native interface. When scanning without the native interface, the scanning profiles within PaperPort will control the scanner settings. When scanning with the native interface, PaperPort may not be able to control all of the scanner's settings. With some devices, the PaperPort Scan Manager is not able to control the device and the native interface must be used to scan within PaperPort.