After launching PaperPort and attempting to scan, the "Scan" button is grayed out.
This is a known issue effecting PaperPort 14 on Windows 8. Specific registry keys are not created properly on Windows 8 which may result in this problem.
This solution is only for PaperPort 14 on Windows 8.
To resolve this issue, we recommend installing the PaperPort 14 scanner connection tool. This will create the appropriate registry keys and allow the "scan" button to function normally. Follow the steps below to access the download:
- Close PaperPort 14.
- Click here to download the Scanner Connection Tool.
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click the "PPScnConnTool.exe" file.
- Note: Windows may display a User Account Control prompt to allow this action.
- When the PaperPort Scanner Connection Tool appears, click the "Enable" button.
- Note: After the tool runs successfully, the user will be prompted whether a shortcut should be created on the Windows Desktop to run the utility again.
- Launch PaperPort 14 and confirm the "Scan" button is now accessible.
- If PaperPort 14 is repaired or re-installed, it might be necessary to re-run this utility.
- If a new scanner driver is installed, it might be necessary to re-run this utility.
Note: For additional information regarding Windows 8, see .