In order to complete the steps that are outlined below, you will need the SafeCom Go Kyoera ".pkg" file, which is located in the SafeCom_installation_directory\device_software.
Example: 01005001.pkg for first generation devices (like TASKalfa 250i) and 02006002.pkg for second generation devices (like FS-3540MFP).
For further information on what Installation file should be used please refer to the SafeCom Go Kyocera Administrator Manual.
Please follow the steps below in order to install SafeCom Go Kyocera with an USB key:
- Select an empty USB flash drive for installation of SafeCom Go, and copy the installation file to the USB flash drive.
- At the MFP operation panel, open System Menu by pressing the "System Menu" button at the top-left corner of the MFP panel.
- Scroll to next page and press the "Application button". If the MFP device prompts for authentication, authenticate with an administrator account. Note: The application screen lists all applications installed on the MFP.
- If the application already has an entry for the SafeCom Go application, then select the entry and press the Details button to verify the version. If a previous version is currently installed, then proceed through the following steps to update the application.
- Press the "Add" button to open Application-Add screen.
- Insert the USB flash drive into USB slot at the side of the panel. Within a few seconds, the MFP will display "SafeCom Go" in the list of applications found on the USB flash drive.
- Select "SafeCom Go" and press the "Install" button.
- When prompted to confirm, press "Yes". The MFP will confirm that the application installed correctly.
- Then, press the "Remove Memory" button. After the MFP confirms that it is safe to remove the USB memory device, remove it from the MFP. Note: If an existing version of the "SafeCom Go" application was already installed on the device, then the "Type/Result of Installation" column will show "Upgrade program" indicating that the current version will be updated.
- Press the "Close" button to exit back to Application page.