Question / Problem:
By default, the Kofax ID Controller hardware has a default password of “adm”. As this could be a security concern for customers, it is recommended after configuring the device that the password is changed.
Answer / Solution:
To change the password, the following steps are required.
- Login to the Kofax ID Controller web interface at http://ip.address.of.ID.Controller/
- Login with the default login.
- Click on the Advanced Configuration link.
- Click on the Password link.
- Enter the old password, and the new password twice.
- Note: For the password, you can use a combination of uppercase, lowercase, digits, or special characters, however the password should be a maximum of 8 characters.
- Click on Save and Continue.
- When prompted, restart the ID Controller.
Warning: If the password is misplaced, a support ticket will be required to be logged with Kofax support to reset it. Please provide the MAC address and the serial number of the Kofax ID Controller.