Question / Problem:
When manually running the Active Directory user import task, an error is displayed with a message of
Logon to server failed. Error: Unknown user name or bad password.
Error! Bad completion code(-4)
Answer / Solution:
This is caused by an incorrect password entered for the user account. To correct this, follow the steps below.
- Login to SafeCom Administrator
- Go to Users > Import Users…
- Select the import entry that failed and select Edit.
- On the SafeCom Server Properties page, enter the Username and password you used to login to SafeCom Administrator.
- Make sure Active Directory is selected for the Import Source.
- On the Active Directory properties screen, re-enter the credentials for an Active Directory account that SafeCom can use to query user data.
- Complete the rest of the configuration wizard. Once you reach the end, select Finish.
- Select the user import task and select Run now to verify the import completes successfully.