What is a ShareScan Connector Access License?
The Connector Access Licenses is a separately purchased add-on connector or extender used to enhance an existing ShareScan implementation. Once purchased, the customer has the ability to select their desired add-on from the list of available Connectors and Extenders. Selection occurs via the eCopy Registration site after registering the Connector Access License.
How to use Connector Access Licenses:
- On the registration site http://registration.ecopy.com log into the account where the primary device license has been registered or create a new account if not already registered.
- Register the Connector Access License received from the order fulfillment email message
- Once registered, expand the Connector Access License to view the available options for the license.
- Beside the desired option select "Request license" from the "Available Actions" drop-down menu
- Once requested, the connector license key is shown in the registration site next to the connector and the "Available Actions" drop down menu is removed from the other connectors.
- Copy and paste the license key into the Add license form of the ShareScan administration console.
Common issues with Connector Access Licenses:
- Users attempt to add the Connector Access License to ShareScan Administration Console before registering and selecting their desired option.
- The licensing server does not contain the connector license until the option selected via the Registration Site.
- Error messages will be received if attempting to Download or Activate the license before it is available on the Activation server.
- Be sure to register and select the option before proceeding to add the license to ShareScan.
- The selection of the Connector Access License is irreversible.
- Ensure that the implementation option desired is discussed and confirmed before selecting the option via the Registration Site.
- Pay attention when selecting the connector to ensure that the desired option is selected.
- Nuance Technical Support highly recommends testing the optional connectors with an Evaluation license prior to selection of the permanent license key in order to ensure functionality is present.
- In rare circumstances, the license file generated is not for the selected connector option.
- The Registration site will reflect the selected option.
- The ShareScan Administration Console will show this license as a different conenctor or extender.
- See for Customer Service Recommendations