How to request a software upgrade for eCopy products.
- Only licenses with active Maintenance and Support contracts are eligible for upgrades.
- Upgrades are only available to the current shipping software version only. Example: a customer with 4.3.5 cannot upgrade to 5.4 as the current shipping version (at time of writing) is 6.1.
- Review technical recommendations for upgrading the solution including pre-requisites, release notes etc to ensure that the software will meet customer needs and expectations. For ShareScan upgrades, Proof of Concept (POC) installations in the customer environment are strongly recommended.
- NOTE: Downgrades of licenses are not available. Please ensure that the upgrade is desired before requesting via the registration site.
How to Upgrade:
- Ensure that the license key to be upgraded has been registered to an eCopy Registration account at registration.ecopy.com For more information about Registration see the .
- Log into the registration account where the licenses are registered.
- If sub-accounts are used, browse to the sub-account containing the license keys.
- Review the registered licenses and note which licenses are being upgraded. For large accounts it is recommended to export the Registration site export containing all registered keys. This can be opened in Excel for quicker annotating and tracking of modifications.
- Select Upgrades from the blue navigation bar.
- Select the checkbox for each license being upgraded.
- Verify the E-Mail instructions to email address.
- Select Upgrade Products button.
- Review email or registration homepage for new licenses.
- Select Downloads from the blue navigation bar and download the latest software version now available and any additional documentation or executables as required.
- If upgrading from version 4.x to 5.x, the connectors desired will need to be selected on the Home page of the registration site. See details on.