How to configure DWS to use IP Addresses
Article # 3048321 - Page views: 215
In some cases where MFP's are not able to contact the DWS server, it may be possible to configure DWS to communicate with the MFP by its IP address for KM UC, HP UC & Xerox UC
A symptom of this that can be seen is with the above Unified Clients where the after the device is configured in DRS, the embedded device is not created in Equitrac' s Web System Manager. If you Experience such an issue, you may have to configure DWS to use its IP address rather than hostname.
Answer / Solution:
If this is required then perform the following:
- Stop the DWS service
- Open the Conf folder from this path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Nuance\Integrated\DWS\webserver\conf.
- Delete the current certificate and key store files (if any) in the Conf folder including dws-root-ca.der, dws-server-key.jks and dws-signed-server-key.jks.
- Edit the DWSSettings.properties file:
• Add line dwsGenerateIPAddressSubjectCA=true to the file.
• Set dwsServerCanonicalHostName=[DWS_IP_address].
- Start the DWS service.
- Check the newly created dws-root-ca.der to ensure the IP address is used.
- Use IP address for the Servers and the Devices in DRS.
- Check to see if the embedded device is created in the Equitrac Web Client.