When trying to convert or save a large *.pdf file to a Searchable PDF file, eCopy PDF Pro Office crashes.
There are several parts to this. Large documents, containing thousands of pages or are simply just large file sizes, cannot be converted due to:
- eCopy PDF Pro Office is not a true 64-bit application. The application is limited to the hardware resources it can allocate to the task. Types of applications, such as eCopy PDF Pro Office, are limited to a maximum amount of memory and CPU utilitization that it can draw upon to process the document
- There are too many pages to be processed successfully
- There are too many images within the document to be processed successully
- Open the *.pdf file with eCopy PDF Pro Office
- Click on Document > Split Document
- Select the option Split by pages and split between 250-500 pages (depending on the size of the document, how many images are involved, the file size)
- Go Start > Applications > eCopy Applications
- Start PDF Create Assistant
- Add the Segment files created when the document was split
- Change Standard Quality to Searchable PDF
- Click on Start PDF creation
Note: If the files are merged together, the resulting file will no longer be a Searchable PDF.