How to change SA and eCopy user password in ShareScan localDB 2014?
The localDB can be only access on the same PC/Server where it installed.
To able to manipulate the database you need to install SQL Management Studio 2014 on the same PC/Server.
Do the following steps:
- Open regedit
- Go to HKEY_Machine\Software\Nuance\ShareScan or HKEY_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Nuance\ShareScan
- Find "localDbId" key and copy the value [eg: SH8FB6AC]
- Open SQL Manager Studio
- Use connection string np:\\.\pipe\LOCALDB#xxxxxxxx\tsql\query where xxxxxxxx is the localDbId key.
- Use windows authentication...
Make sure the windows user has Administrator rights on the PC/Server
- Go to Security \ Logins
- Change the Password for SA and eCopy user to the default one [e+C0py2007_@x]
Do not forget to remove the tick from "Enforce password policy"