What is the Device Calibration Connector?:
The Device Calibration Connector is a tool to resolve rotation issues with Scan devices.
This tool allows saving specific rotation requirements for:
- all devices of a specific vendor
- all devices of a specific device model family
- specific devices
Rotation templates can also adjust settings based on the following workflow settings:
- Papersize specific rotation issues
- Double-sided scan orientation issues
- Color Depth specific rotation issues (Color, Black & White, Grayscale)
- Output Orientation issues (Protrait, Landscape, Same as originals)
How to enable the Device Calibration Connector?:
- The ShareScan Software version must be 5.0 or later to use this feature.
- The Device Calibration connector is included with all version 5.x software bundle licenses. Ensure that a ShareScan software license has been added to the ShareScan Administration Console. This can be an Evaluation, NFR, or customer purchased software bundle license.
- The device must be added to the Administration Console. It is strongly recommended when adding devices to use the default model name assignment reported by the device or driver. Device calibration exception rules will be saved for the model name specified here.
- It is strongly recommended for ScanStations to complete the setup wizard when adding a ScanStation device and confirming the issue persists after successfully completing the wizard.
- Assign the Device Calibration Connector to the device in ShareScan Administration Console. No connector profile parameters are needed in the Administration Console to use the connector.
Using the Device Calibration Connector:
- Insert a single sheet in the position that you want to calibrate - that is, in the orientation for which the system produces a not appropriate result.
- Select the scanning options you have problems with via the scanner setting bar of the main ShareScan screen on the device. These include:
- Color depth
- Paper size
- Output Orientation
- Double side scan options
- Push the connector button on the Main screen to scan the page, and the preview appears.
- Rotate the page you have problems with, using the rotation buttons on the Preview form. If you have a problem with the the double-sided scanning, ensure you performed the corrective rotations for both pages. Also check that the orientation is correct (only the final orientation is important for the calibration).
- Click Next. On the displayed screen, you can review the following settings and information for the exception rule of your device:
- The bottom part shows the settings you used.
- The Vendor and Model radio buttons allow you to select between applying the settings to all devices of a given vendor, or a specific device model, respectively.
- The Use this setting for all paper sizes checkbox deletes all rules defined for specific paper sizes, except the rule(s) created for Auto (or Free, or Mixed) input paper sizes. Saving the rule will use that for all paper sizes.
- Note that if you want to define rules specific for paper size(s), you have to set up rules independent of paper size. Thus, this latter, generic rule is used, if you use a paper size for which no specific rule is defined.
- Click the Save button to store the settings in the UserRotationAngles.xml and UserScanStationRotationAngles.xml files, located at C:\ProgramData\Nuance\ShareScan.
- The defined rules are available without restarting the Manager, if the same scanner settings are used.
- To remove the exception rules, delete these files, and restart the Manager.
Device_Calibration_Connector.pdf (130 KB)