ShareScan 6.x and 5.x includes version 8.0 of iManage.dll for WorkSite integration. When using WorkSite 8.5, 9.0, or 9.3, a newer version of iManage.dll is required.
Use the following instructions to update the version of the iManage.dll on the ShareScan server to WorkSite server 8.5 or later, including 9.0, 9.0 SP1 and 9.3
Note: the iManage.dll for 8.5 or later is not backwards compatible with previous versions of WorkSite Server
- Retrieve a copy of the imanage.dll located on a PC where DeskSite or FileSite is installed. The version of this client must be 8.5 or higher.
- On the ShareScan Manager PC, go to Start > Run> type "services.msc" > click OK
- Find the "ShareScan Manager" service and stop it
- Determine the ShareScan Installation directory. This will be referred to as [InstallDir] below
- By default the application installs to C:\Program Files\Nuance on 32 bit OS or C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax or Nuance on 64 bit OS
- A version specific folder \ShareScan6.3 or \ShareScan6.2 or \ShareScan6.1 or \ShareScan5.4 or \ShareScan5.x is located in this directory
- An example installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\ShareScan6.3
- Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> find Command Prompt right click and select "Run as Administrator" option
Type "CD [installDir]\Server\Connectors\WorksiteConnector" and enter
- Type "regsvr32 /u IManage.dll" and enter
- Open the [InstallDir]\Server\Connectors\WorksiteConnector directory in Windows explorer.
- Rename the iManage.dll to iManage.dll.old and place the copy retrieved from step 1 in this directory
- In the command prompt type "regsvr32 iManage.dll" and enter.
- In the Windows Services window, start the ShareScan Manager service.
- Test a scan to Worksite