ShareScan Server or ScanStation not starting automatically after a reboot or restart
Article # 3024907 - Page views: 744
After reboot ShareScan can not start the Administration console ... "Failed to connect - :9601 Make sure the ShareScan Agent service is running, and then try again."
and / or
ScanStation application not starting With "Can not connect to ShareScan manager xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
What is the problem? How can i solve it?
ShareScan Services Starting faster than the services are dependent of ShareScan.
Generally the following services are not running
- "SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)"
- "ShareScan Agent"
- "ShareScan Manager"
- "ShareScan WatcherService"
- "ShareScan Web Admin Host"
- "Apache Tomcat 8.5 Tomcat8" [Before v6.3 ShareScan version]
- "Apache Tomcat 9.0 Tomcat9"
To avoid situation above please do the following:
- Create batch file with the following content:
- net start "SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)"
- net start "ShareScan Agent"
- net start "ShareScan Manager"
- net start "ShareScan WatcherService"
- net start "ShareScan Web Admin Host"
- net start "Apache Tomcat 8.5 Tomcat8"
- net start "Apache Tomcat 9.0 Tomcat9"
- Open "Task Scheduler"
- Create Basic Task eg:"When the computer starts or Daily Reoccur a couple of them " Set the appropriate number of Tasks to start the Services.
- Choose "Start program : " and set the created batch file to start.
The scheduler will make it sure that the above mentioned applications will run when ShareScan will call during application start.
|Kofax eCopy ShareScan||v5.4, v6.1, v6.2, v6.3, v6.4|