To add multiple devices in a batch, follow the instructions below:
1. Start ShareScan Administration Console.
2. Click Add Device, or select Add device from the context menu (by right-clicking in the Device Configuration window).
3. Select Import from the Discovery list; a standard Open file dialog box is displayed. Select a file that describes the devices to add. The file must be a .csv file, containing data in the following format:
IP/host, Canon, model, password(string), Secure Image Uploading
- IP/host: device IP address(or host name).
- Canon: must be Canon.
- model (or *): specific device model name (or * to get the model name automatically from the device).
- password(string): secure device registration password.
- secure image uploading: true or false (enable or disable secure image uploading).
It is recommended to manually add a device to the Administration Console for a proper understanding of the .csv file content describing the devices.
4. The Administration Console displays the file content in the Batch add devices progress window and starts adding the devices one by one.
5. When the processing is finished, the results are displayed in the Batch add devices progress window.
6. When you are done, click Close to exit the window and check the devices on the Devices tab.
For instructions about removing devices, refer to the ShareScan Help.