ShareScan 5.4 SP2: Instructions for uninstalling
How to uninstall ShareScan from a PC or server. Instructions follow for 5.4 SP2, and refers to the default installation locations. If a custom path was chosen, adjust accordingly.
It is important to ensure that the software is fully removed to have a successful reinstall of the software. If some components are not removed, the reinstallation may fail, or result in an unstable system.
For a ShareScan full installation where option Install ShareScan Full/Complete was used, use the following instructions. This assumes that the default database (SQL 2014 LocalDB) is used, and everything is installed on the same server.
- Perform a Database backup at ShareScan Administration console for disaster recovery purposes.
- Do a Configuration export with . This will allow for importing the connectors and configuration to the newly reinstalled system.
Open "Program and Features" and uninstall the following in this order
- eCopy ShareScan 5.4 WebClient
- eCopy ShareScan 5.4 ScanStation Client (if installed)
- eCopy ShareScan 5.4 Help
- eCopy ShareScan 5.4
- Apache Tomcat 8.0
- Java (all versions) For example, Java 8 Update 91 and Java 7 Update 76 may be installed
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB
- Nuance Imaging Framework Trace Service
- Nuance OmniPage Capture SDK 19.16
- Recognita Scanner Driver
Perform the following to ensure a complete uninstallation.
- Open Windows Task Manager and stop the SQLServr.exe process.
- Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\ShareScan [64-bit systems] or C:\Program Files\Nuance\ShareScan [32-bit systems]
- Remove C:\ProgramData\Nuance\ShareScan [note that C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder]
- Remove C:\ProgramData\NuanceInstall
- Delete the following registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nuance\ShareScan [x64 operating system] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nuance\ShareScan [x86 operating system]
- Reboot the system
The attached video shows the uninstallation process:
Instructions for uninstalling ShareScan 6.1 SP1:
HowToUninstallFullInstallationOfShareScanV54SP2.avi (1.5 MB)