How to uninstall ShareScan from a PC or server. Instructions follow for ShareScan 6.2, and refers to the default installation locations. If a custom path was chosen, adjust accordingly.
It is important to ensure that the software is fully removed to have a successful reinstall of the software. If some components are not removed, the reinstallation may fail, or result in an unstable system.
For a ShareScan full installation where option Install ShareScan Full/Complete was used, use the following instructions. This assumes that the default database (SQL 2014 LocalDB) is used, and everything is installed on the same server.
- Perform a Database backup at ShareScan Administration console for disaster recovery purposes.
- Do a Configuration export with the Profiler Tool. This will allow for importing the connectors and configuration to the newly reinstalled system.
Open "Program and Features" and uninstall the following in this order
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2 WebClient
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2 ScanStation Client (if installed)
- Apache Tomcat 8.5 (remove only)
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2 Workflow Editor
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2 Tools
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2 Help
- eCopy ShareScan 6.2
- Java (all versions) Java 8 Update 192
- Kofax OmniPage Capture SDK 20.1 (x64)
- Kofax Recognita Scanner Driver 20.1 (x64)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB
Perform the following to ensure a complete uninstallation.
- Open Windows Task Manager and stop the SQLServr.exe process.
- Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\ShareScan [64-bit systems] or C:\Program Files\Nuance\ShareScan [32-bit systems]
- Remove C:\ProgramData\Nuance\ShareScan [note that C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder]
- Remove C:\ProgramData\NuanceInstall
- Delete the following registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nuance\ShareScan [x64 operating system] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nuance\ShareScan [x86 operating system]
- Reboot the system
Uninstallation process all steps are identical with ShareScan v6.1:
Instructions for uninstalling ShareScan 5.4 SP2: