How to add HP ScanJet Enterprise 8500 fn1 or Digital Sender Flow 8500 fn1MFD to ShareScan 5.4?
HP ScanJet Enterprise 8500 fn1 and Digital Sender Flow 8500 fn1 model uses a different OID that does not match with the general form of OID therefore the standard procedure of adding an HP device is not working.
Here is the solution how HP Digital Sender Flow 8500 fn1 can be added.
Steps are the followings:
- In ShareScan Administration Console go to Home\ Settings \ Advanced settings
- Expand "ShareScanManagerHostname - IP address" tree
- Find SNMPComunityName, make a note of the value and clear it (i.e. remove "public" and leave it blank)
- Add the device in "TCP/IP discovery" mode by its IP address, selecting HP from the list
- Once successfully added set the SNMPCommunityName back to the original value (i.e. public) in advance settings.
SNMPCommunityName.png (78 KB)