Question / Problem:
To prevent potential problems using the extracted files from a ZIP file, it may be necessary to check (set) the Unblock security setting on the Zip file before extracting the zipped files:
Answer / Solution:
Unblock the zip file by right click, chose properties and check the unblock checkbox.
Enter How to here:
Installing a our software from a blocked source file can cause different issues in the operation.
Which can be link to licensing , processing ... etc.
In case you have already installed Kofax application especially ShareScan from a blocked source file.
The only way to fix the application if you do the following:
- Uninstall ShareScan files [https://knowledge.kofax.com/MFD_Productivity/eCopy_ShareScan/Install_Uninstall/ShareScan_6.3_%3A_Instructions_for_uninstalling]
- Uninstall all SQL components which installed with ShareScan [you can see the same install date as ShareScan install files]
- Uninstall all prerequisite fies for ShareScan as MS C++ redistributables [you can see the same install date as ShareScan install files]
Microsoft recommendation to solve unblock issue:
or if you already extracted the files and you would like to unblock them
- Click Start, type PowerShell, and then click Windows PowerShell.
- Find the Folder where the ShareScan installer is eg> C:\Install\ShareScan
- use the following command at PowerShell application windows to unblock the files reclusively
- Get-ChildItem -Path 'C:\Install\ShareScan\' -Recurse | Unblock-File
SafeCom, ShareScan, Equitrac, OM