Unblock Zip File after downloading files
To prevent potential problems using the extracted files from a ZIP file, it may be necessary to check (set) the Unblock security setting on the Zip file before extracting the zipped files:
Unblock the zip file by right click, chose properties and check the unblock checkbox.
Enter How to here:
Installing a our software from a blocked source file can cause different issues in the operation.
Which can be link to licensing , processing ... etc.
In case you have already installed Kofax application especially ShareScan from a blocked source file.
The only way to fix the application if you do the following:
- Uninstall ShareScan files [https://knowledge.kofax.com/MFD_Productivity/eCopy_ShareScan/Install_Uninstall/ShareScan_6.3_%3A_Instructions_for_uninstalling]
- Uninstall all SQL components which installed with ShareScan [you can see the same install date as ShareScan install files]
- Uninstall all prerequisite fies for ShareScan as MS C++ redistributables [you can see the same install date as ShareScan install files]
Please note that our recent versions of ShareScan [from v6.4 -]
If you not unblock the source files you can not install the application!
The downloaded ZIP file MUST be unblock not the extracted ZIP files!
Note The eCopy ShareScan installer cannot be launched if any files from the installation package are blocked by the operating system for security reasons. You can unblock the files one by one on therespective Properties dialog box, or by running the following PowerShell command as an administratorfrom the root folder of the installation:Get-ChildItem -Recurse | Unblock-File
Microsoft recommendation to solve unblock issue:
or if you already extracted the files and you would like to unblock them
- Click Start, type PowerShell, and then click Windows PowerShell.
- Find the Folder where the ShareScan installer is eg> C:\Install\ShareScan
- use the following command at PowerShell application windows to unblock the files reclusively
- Get-ChildItem -Path 'C:\Install\ShareScan\' -Recurse | Unblock-File
SafeCom, ShareScan, Equitrac, OM