- If upgrading from v5.x to v6.1, v5.x keys will need to be applied first.
- If originally a v4 (or v4 customer who has upgraded to v5.x) and are now upgrading to v6, please refer to KB Article # 26937, as a hotfix will need to be applied first.
- If upgrading directly from v4.x to v6.1, please open a ticket with the Licensing Support team here.
- Open the ShareScan Administration Console
- In the Administration Console ribbon Home tab, select the "Licensing" button
- On the Licensing form select "Load License" to add the license file to the application. Follow the steps in the wizard until completed. This license will function without activation for 30 days for testing on the PC/server. It is strongly recommended to ensure the software is fully functional in the environment before proceeding to activate.
- On the Licensing form, select "Activate" to activate the license file to the application. Follow the steps in the wizard until completed.
- Once activated, the Licensing table will show green checkmarks next to appropriate licenses.
- Note: Connector licenses and Evaluation licenses do not require activation and will therefore not have green checkmarks.
- If issues occur with this process, or if there is a proxy server or lack of internet connection on the server, Manual Activation may be required.