eCopy: Automatic activation for ShareScan 6.x licenses
Article # 3016877 - Page views: 1437
- If upgrading from 5.x to 6.x, 5.x keys will need to be applied first.
- If originally a 4.x (or 4.x customer who has upgraded to 5.x) and are now upgrading to 6.x, please be sure to use ShareScan 6.1 SP1 or newer.
- If upgrading directly from 4.x to 6.x, please open a ticket with the Licensing Support team.
- Open the ShareScan Administration Console
- In the Administration Console ribbon Home tab, select the "Licensing" button
- On the Licensing form select "Load License" to add the license file to the application. Follow the steps in the wizard until completed. This license will function without activation for 30 days for testing on the PC/server. It is strongly recommended to ensure the software is fully functional in the environment before proceeding to activate.
- On the Licensing form, select "Activate" to activate the license file to the application. Follow the steps in the wizard until completed.
- Once activated, the Licensing table will show green checkmarks next to appropriate licenses.
- Note: Connector licenses and Evaluation licenses do not require activation and will therefore not have green checkmarks.
- If issues occur with this process, or if there is a proxy server or lack of internet connection on the server, Manual Activation may be required.
See also instructions for Manual Activation.