ShareScan best practice is to utilize a single NIC on the ShareScan server and disable all alternate NICs. Support for ShareScan managers with multiple enabled Network Interface Cards (NICs) was added to the ShareScan software version 5.0 Service Pack 4.
To specify the IP address to be used for ShareScan 5.0 Service Pack 4 or later, please set the below registry setting to the appropriate value. As of ShareScan 5.1, upon initial opening of the ShareScan Administration console, a prompt to specify the NIC to use will be displayed and will populate this registry key automatically.
Note: Please follow Windows Best Practices when modifying the registry.
- Go to Start > Run and type Regedit.exe and select OK
- Go to File > Export to create a backup of the registry before making modifications
Browse to the below key
- 32 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nuance\ShareScan\ManagerIP
- 64 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nuance\ShareScan\ManagerIP
- Double click on the ManagerIP string and change the value to the appropriate IP address.
- Restart the PC