What is the Activity Tracking Service in ShareScan?
The Activity Tracking service writes detailed information about each job to a log file. Additionally, the provides Administrators the ability to review detailed information on ShareScan Activity via the Activity Tracking Report tool. Activity Tracking service tracks the success of the send, the recipients, and the one who sent the document. Additional fields can also be configured to track custom data.
Configuring Activity Tracking:
- Open the Administration Console > Services > Activity Tracking option.
- Select the "Enabled" checkbox.
- Select the "Enabled for all Devices" to enable on all devices in the Administration Console.
- If additional information should be collected, enable the "Additional Fields" checkbox.
- Select New on the Additional Fields menu to create a new field.
- Provide a Field Name for the value.
- Specify Alphanumeric or Numeric content.
- Specify Minimum & Maximum legnths, which digits to remember.
- Enable a default value if desired.
- Specify whether user modification is allowed. This will enable users to specify the data at runtime.
Activity Tracking Reports:
- Open the ShareScan Administration Console.
- Select the Advanced Tab of the Ribbon.
- Select the Tools dropdown menu > Activity Tracking Report.
- Tracked information will be visible, sortable and filterable in the UI.
- Information can also be exported to an excel worksheet.
- Confirm Activity Tracking is enabled and applied to the device used for testing.
- Ensure the job is completed at the device. Activity Tracking data is sent at the Redirect form (Shows options for Main, New Document, New Destination) stage of the workflow.If the Redirect form is hidden, the information is provided before the Main or Session Logon forms are displayed.
- Check Connector workflows for Background (Offline) Processing. If enabled, ensure that the job has completed processing.
- Activity Tracking data is submitted after the document has completed processing. When Background Processing is enabled, this will occur after the scan is completed on the client and will be visible in the Activtiy Monitor or Job Monitor tools. When Background Processing is not used, Activity Tracking data is sent at the Redirect form (Shows options for Main, New Document, New Destination). If the Redirect form is hidden, the information is provided before the Main or Session Logon forms are displayed.
- Test a single page document. Large scan jobs may exceed the Online processing timeout. When this happens, jobs are queued for Offline processing.
- Enable ShareScan verbose tracing, recreate the issue. Provide the Verbose tracing & the Activity Tracking Export for review.
- Activity Tracking is not available when using Cost Recovery. The Cost recovery tracking should be used in lieu of Activity Tracking when enabled.
- In the event that session logon and Connector Usernames differ, usernames provided in the report are the Username published by the Connector and not the authenticated Session Logon user.