Registration and Activation are two separate processes used with ShareScan licensing. Please see a description of each process below:
eCopy Product Registration:
eCopy Product Registration is completed by going to the eCopy Registration website and adding a license key to an account. Registration provides the following functionalities:
- Identifies license ownership by an end user company
- Provides a record of a customer's product purchases. This ensures that in case of system failure or employee termination, order information is maintained.
- Allows visibility to Maintenance and Support status
- Provides access to software downloads and accompanying documentation.
- Provides access to software upgrades to current software version during warranty period.
- Allows the selection of optional connectors/ extenders and Connector Access License options.
eCopy Product Activation:
eCopy Product Activation is completed by clicking the Activate license option in the ShareScan Administration Console. Steps may vary by software version, please see version specific documentation for this process.
- This enables ShareScan software functionality including ability to add and configure devices, connectors and services.
Note: Activation is required before the 30 day software grace period expires or the application is locked down from further usage.
(Automatic & Manual Instructions)