"Error 1920.Service ShareScan Agent (ShareScanAgent) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services" during the installation of the ShareScan
"Error 1920.Service ShareScan Agent (ShareScanAgent) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services" occurs during the installation of ShareScan.
Attempting to start the ShareScan Agent service in Windows services fails.
Windows Event Viewer records the below error:
Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Could not find IP address 'x.x.x.x' on this system. This error needs to be fixed from Administration Console. Terminating service process.
at ShareScanAgent.ShareScanAgent.OnStart(String args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)
Multiple NICs are enabled on the PC. During the installer prompt to select a NIC, an inappropriate NIC is selected. Wireless network connections should NOT be used for installing ShareScan
- While receiving this error message, open the ShareScan Administration Console
- The ShareScan Administration console will prompt to update the NIC with an appropriate NIC
- Select the NIC and click OK
- In the installer wizard, click retry to reattempt the starting of the service
- If the installer has not reached a point where the Administration Console can be opened, cancel the installation and attempt a re-install ONLY after insuring there is a single active Local Area Connection with a vaild IP address available
If the above steps do not resolve the issue please ensure that the installer is run by a user account with Local Admin rights. Right Clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as Administrator" resolves most issues with User Account Control.