"The Apache Tomcat service failed to Start" error message during the installation of ShareScan 5.0
"The Apache Tomcat service failed to Start" error message may appear during the installation of ShareScan 5.0. This results in ShareScan failing to install successfully.
ShareScan 5.0 requires Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 22 to be installed, and the version of Java detected on the ShareScan PC is a different version.
- Turn off automatic Java updates.
- Note: For additional information, see the details on Java's website here: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml.
- Click "Start > Control Panel" and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add or Remove Programs").
- Uninstall any versions of Java Runtime Environment that are older than Version 6 Update 22.
- If it is not already installed, install Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 22.
- Restart the ShareScan 5.0 installer.
- Since the original ShareScan 5.0 launch, Java has released several updates and even new versions or Java Runtime Environment.
- Service packs for ShareScan 5.0 may have other Java recommendations, which should be installed after the Service Pack is installed (where applicable).
See also: <>