Cursor on HP 6305 ScanStation appears malformed
Article # 3016691 - Page views: 203
ScanStations running on HP Compaq pro 6305 SFF (Small Form Factor) PC, running Windows 7, the cursor may become distorted. It may look like a sawtooth pattern, zipper, comb, or some other repeated dot pattern. Rebooting the PC restores proper appearance of the cursor.
This issue is a general issue with the HP 6305 that has been observed with other software packages other than ShareScan. Please see this discussion on the HP website: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/Mouse-Pointer-Distorted/td-p/6047363. The previous generation of the PC - HP 6005 - had a different video card, so did not exhibit this behavior.
HP has advised that the following three steps should resolve the situation:
- Update the system BIOS to K06 BIOS 2.63 Rev. A (6 Jun 2014) (or newer)
- Install the latest AMD Catalyst driver for the ATI video card
- Enable "Display Pointer Trails".
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Select Mouse Properties
- Pointer Options tab
- Enable the "Display pointer trails" option and slide the pointer to the Short setting
- Click OK to save settings.