When attempting to configure exchange connector with */MAPI protocol error message "The Security Database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship " is seen. In ShareScan trace logs error message "Logon() failed with error code 1787" is seen. MSDN reference ERROR_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT 1787 (0x6FB)
In a multi domain environment with Domain A & Domain B
Domain A is trusted to Domain B but Domain B is not trusted to Domain A
ShareScan manager is located in Domain B
- ShareScan 5.0 SP4 with Hotfix 230 and the below steps
- ShareScan 5.1 (includes code changes) and below steps
MAPISProcessStarter service delivers an alternative way of launching MAPIServer executable.
This method is the same as in ShareScan version 4. In order to get this work, the account running
the service has to be changed from Local System to Local Service.
To make this change you have to open the Properties dialog of the service
- Open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services:
- In Component Services expand Component Services> Computers > My Computer >COM+ Applications >
- Right click on Nuance MAPI-Process Starter and select Properties
- Select the Identity tab and ensure that "Local Service Account" is selected
- Restart the PC