ShareScan: Black lines on the edge of scanned images from Xerox MFP
Article # 3016824 - Page views: 356
Users are scanning on Xerox MFPs and all images have a black frame which does not occur when using Xerox Scan to Home
There is an option to erase these black edges with ShareScan 6.1, 5.4 or 5.2 SP2 (with HF3030 and newer). Users with older versions are recommended to install a newer version.
Please modify the following settings:
- Close ShareScan Administration Console
- Stop the Tomcat service
- Navigate to the location where the properties for the Xerox device are stored, e.g.: [c:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ShareScan\WEB-INF\classes\]
- Modify the xerox.properties file from "#xerox.erase_edge = false" to "xerox.erase_edge = true". Make certain to remove the "#".
- Modify each edge (top, bottom, left & right) accordingly. The following parameters specify the width of the erased section for each side. All values are in mm. [See example below. Note that the # character must also be removed, if present.] xerox.top = 3 xerox.bottom = 3 xerox.left = 3 xerox.right = 3
- Save the file and restart the Tomcat service
- Open the ShareScan Administration Console
- Verify that the feature works as expected.
- If the value needs to be changed, repeat from step 1.