Using ShareScan, on the Fax Via SMTP connector form where the Fax number is inputted, External Keyboard data is ignored. The user must type the Fax number using the ShareScan soft keyboard number pad displayed. The External keyboard will be functional with other connectors or with other areas.
ShareScan 6.1 and 5.4: No hotfix required. Follow the steps below.
ShareScan 5.2: Ensure Service Pack 2 or later cumulative release has been installed. Follow the steps below.
ShareScan 5.1: Ensure Service Pack 1 has been installed. Install Hotfix 1082 or later. Follow the steps below.
- Edit the following XML file. If this file does not exist, please create a Fax via SMTP profile and process a scan. Once completed the file should exist.
- Windows 7/2008: C:\ProgramData\Nuance\ShareScan\Connectors\FaxViaSMTP\Data\FaxViaSMTPStore.xml
- XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\ShareScan\Connectors\FaxViaSMTP\Data\FaxViaSMTPStore.xml
- Directly after a tag, insert the lines below, then save and close the file.
- Restart the ShareScan Manager Services.