Problem Statement:After a connector has been selected, and the paper pulls through the device document feeder, an error displays on the embedded. Users are unable to preview documents, or proceed with the scan. Touching the Next button only returns to the main ShareScan screen.
SNMP job polling is enabled, but not supported by all EIP devices.
SNMP polling is enabled by default. To disable SNMP polling:
- Close the ShareScan Administration Console.
- In 64-bit Windows versions, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ShareScan\WEB-INF\classes. For 32-bit versions of Windows, browse to C:\ProgramFiles\Nuance\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ShareScan\WEB-INF\classes.
- Make a copy of Xerox.properties as a backup.
- Open Xerox.properties using Notepad, or another text editor, as an administrator.
- Find #enable.eip.job.poll = true, modify the line to enable.eip.job.poll = false. (Make sure to remove the #)
- If line does not exist, add this line - enable.eip.job.poll = false.
- Save the file, replacing the existing settings.
- Restart the ShareScan services.
- Open ShareScan Administration console. Click Devices and remove the embedded device.
- Add the device back to ShareScan, using the same settings.