An Accounting Details Tool (DFM) is required for MarkView - what are the steps to create a new, or re-create my existing, DFM when I perform an upgrade from 4.x/5.x?
MarkView Release 6.x/7.x requires that an Accounting Details Tool (DFM) exists within the environment. For customers who are upgrading to 6.x/7.x from 4.x/5.x, you will fit into one of the following three categories.
Please follow the steps for the correct situation to ensure that the DFM requirement for Release 6.x/7.x are met successfully:
- If you currently do not have a DFM created/generated, you can use the script attached to this Answer, seedDFMConfiguration.sql, to generate a basic Accounting Details Tool.
- If you currently have a DFM configured, and it is considered basic (with no customizations), you can manually configure and regenerate this DFM tool for use with MarkView 6.x/7.x, using Module Admin from MarkView Home:
- Administration > Business Module Admin > AP Configuration
- Click Update and respond to the onscreen questions and prompts
- Locate the question "Is Project Accounting being used for invoice distributions?"
- The default is YES. This response regenerates the Accounting Details tool named 'Distributions' with Project Accounting enabled or Disabled upon Update completion.
If you currently have a DFM configured but it is customized, or if you are unsure regarding DFM customizations, run the attached 'dfm_apps_upgrade.sql' script. Typically, DFM customizations include Descriptive Flex Fields (DFFs), custom validation, custom Lists of Values (LOVs), and defaulted values. If you have customizations, you will need to engage Consulting Services to implement or port these customizations to MarkView 6.x/7.x.
You can obtain more detailed information regarding your Chart of Accounts structure and DFF validation by running the acd_analysis.sql script in Answer 685 - https://login.salesforce.com/articles/General/685
Please note that MarkView Technical Support cannot assist with implementing, porting or troubleshooting customizations.
- dfm_apps_upgrade.sql Script Usage:
- User: Run this script while logged in as the Apps user.
- Parameters: Script will prompt for Chart of Accounts ID and should be run once for each Chart of Accounts ID configured.
Output will be similar to the following:
SQL> show user USER is "APPS" SQL> @c:\dfm_apps_upgrade.sql Enter Chart of Accounts> 101 [INFO] DFF Context is: LINE_TYPE_DSP [CUSTOMIZATION] DFF Segment (POM.Ship to Location) uses a bind variable in its L OV ($FLEX$.POMLACUS.ID) PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.